ACCMB Committee Meeting 8/11/22 summary.
1. Review of club fees.
Subs $50:00 annual subs for members and spouse/partner as from 1/7/23.
Joining fee for new member $30:00 as from 8/11/22.
2. The ACCMB will pursue SA Government grant monies being made available for SA Car Clubs. $500,000 available per year over 4 years ($2 million in total). Application forms will be available in near future.
3. Microphone usage at meetings. Please use microphone when speaking at a meeting. There are some members who have difficulty in hearing the person speaking.
4. We are seeking guest speakers at monthly meetings. If you are a person or know of someone who is able to present our members with a 20 minute (approximately) talk on any subject which doesn’t have to be car related, let us know.
5. Assistant membership officers – with the influx of new members we propose to appoint an assistant membership officer.
6. Club runs. A dot point template of duties and responsibilities will be drafted to help any member who would like to organise a club run and is uncertain of how to organise.
ACCMB Committee Meeting 14/3/2023.
- Review of Club Magazines procedure. In addition to the fees payable for the membership renewals commencing from 1/7/2023 and for New Provisional members joining our club after 1/7/2023, an annual hard copy magazine fee of $20.00 will be payable for those members wishing to receive a hard copy of the club magazine. For members not wishing to receive a hard copy, a colour copy of the magazine can be downloaded and printed from the website which will incur no club fee. Please indicate on your membership renewal form your choice by ticking the applicable box /and paying the appropriate fee.
- Membership renewals. From 2023/2024, all membership renewal forms will be emailed to members who have provided an email address to the club. All other non-email address membership renewal forms will be posted to members. Membership payment must be paid by or at the AGM on Tuesday 4th July 2023.
- Logbook renewals 2023/2024. Please note that logbooks will only be collected at club meetings this year. The renewals will be processed and posted back to members in due course. You will need to provide your logbooks, registration papers, membership payment receipt, replacement logbook fee receipt, and self-addressed stamped envelope to the registrar team at the meeting night.
Membership Renewal Forms
Members, you may be aware that for a while now we have had difficulties with the XL spreadsheet that we use for all manner of things but mainly the Treasurer uses it to generate the Membership renewal forms. It is a file that holds ALL the information on our members, their vehicles, etc. EVERYTHING!!!
As a bit of history, it was created many, many years ago by Darren Fountain. Thanks Darren. However, over the years, a number of errors have crept into this file due to many and varied reasons. There have been font problems preventing proper operation of the file. There have been incompatibility issues with various programs. There have been errors caused by members forgetting to let us know of changes to phone numbers or email addresses. There have been typos caused by my clumsy fingers and lack of spelling ability (MINE!). Well, the time has come to fix this. I have spent a lot of time already and it is now pretty good, but I KNOW there are still errors and omissions.
THAT IS WHERE YOU ALL COME INTO THIS.
Jan will be generating the new Membership Renewal Forms and you will receive them in due course (hard copy or via email).
PLEASE LOOK AT THEM VERY CAREFULLY AND CORRECT ANYTHING WRONG OR THAT YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH.
I know some will say “but I have already told them that”. Sorry, but some things may have slipped through the net and this is the opportunity to fix it.
As I said PLEASE LOOK VERY CAREFULLY and correct anything on the form and return it to Treasurer Jan.
Thanks for your patience.
LOGBOOKS RENEWALS 2023/2024
A reminder. The Registrar Team need to restamp all club members logbooks yearly for their Historic, Historic-Drive or Street Rod Vehicles. All Logbooks will be collected at the June, July or August meetings only and returned via a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Please note that the Registrars no longer handle money. If members need a new logbook, please provide a receipt from the Treasurer, or copy of your direct deposit for payment of your logbook to avoid delays.
The Registration Team.
Code of Practice
The new code of practice is effective as of July 1st 2017, any vehicles 30 years or older are eligible including left hand drive, historic vehicles and street rods.
Members please note Auto Collectors Club Constitution has been amended, click on link below to view or download a copy.
CLUB AND RALLY RULES
The Auto Collectors Club of Murray Bridge Inc.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EVENT/RUN PARTICIPANTS
Participants must be at the Event/Run departure point at the time designated. If you have nominated to attend but are unable to, please let Event Marshall/Run Leader know as soon as possible.
Participants shall obey directions given by the Event Marshall/Run Leader.
Participants may overtake slower vehicles on the run if they wish providing it is safe to do so..
Participants to leave at least 100m between vehicles unless about to overtake.
Participants should assist “general public” vehicles to overtake where appropriate and exhibit courtesy to other road users at all times.
Render assistance to other participants experiencing difficulties as appropriate.
When leaving a stopping place such as a picnic ground, make sure that the area is left as it was found.
During summer months, ensure that there is no fire ban before lighting barbecues.
Alcohol is strictly limited to meal breaks only.
Make the Event as trouble free as possible by ensuring that your vehicle is mechanically sound before leaving home.
Members must not stand or gather on the right hand side of their vehicles on sides of roadways.
All members must drive their vehicles in a manner which reflects positively on the Club.
If indicators are not fitted to the vehicle, appropriate hand signals must be used at all times
Carry current, suitably endorsed, Log Book and Certificate(s) of Exemption as applicable.
All vehicles must be in a roadworthy condition.
Passengers are to be limited to the seating capacity of the vehicle. Where fitted, seat belts must be worn.
Participants to notify Event Marshall/Run Leader should they need to depart the event/run before the intended completion time.
DUTIES of EVENT MARSHALL/RUN LEADER
Ensure Event/Run starts on time.
Issue and collect itinerary sheets and competition forms as necessary.
Run Leader should attempt to travel at 80Kph on an open road or freeway.
Run leader must ensure all participants are aware of the next stopping point where participants will re-group.
Where possible, maintain check on the presence of all vehicles in the Event.
When designated, ensure that the ‘Tail End Charlie’ is fully equipped with mobile phone, tow rope, water, etc. as appropriate. ‘Tail End Charlie’ to also ensure no one is left behind
Act as Club representative in the event of an accident or unusual circumstances.
Applicants for Provisional Membership must be present in person when their application is presented to the club at a General Meeting.
On first joining the Club, for the first year of membership, newly accepted members shall be classed as “Provisional Members”. In that year, Provisional Members will be required to attend at least:-
Two meetings and one event
One meeting and two events
At the end of twelve months, if they have satisfactorily completed the above, the Membership Officer will confirm their status as a Full Member. Provisional Members shall have the same rights and responsibilities as Full Members.
There are two main DPTI documents that persons who have vehicles on “Club Registration”, or intend to have, must be familiar with.
Club Registration Code of Practice Effective 1 July 2017
MR1457 Modifications to Passenger Cars, Utilities, Panel Vans and 4WD Passenger Vehicles
Copies of these documents may be accessed by clicking on the above links.
In addition, the following rules apply to members availing themselves of “Club Registration” through THIS club:-
The vehicle must be inspected by a Club Registrar before an MR334 or Log Book will be issued.
Any modifications must be legal. This may be determined by, but not limited to, MR1457.
Those applying for “Club Registration” must be aware that the Club Registrar is obliged to report to the DPTI, any questionable modifications that do not have a “Certificate of Exemption” issued for them. This MAY require inspection at Regency Park.
The Club Registrars from time to time, may request the inspection of any vehicle.
A “Review Committee” has been formed within the club, to clarify any issue should a dispute arise from this process