Thirty vehicles and over sixty people gathered at Sturt Reserve for a 9:30 a.m. departure. Travelled via Rocky Gully Road to Monarto, a left turn back to Old Princes Highway and on to Callington. Morning tea for 55 people was provided by Chris and her staff at “Lavande”, a French themed restaurant located in the former Callington Police Station, built in 1867.
The Patron’s Run participants were given a questionnaire based on observation and some general knowledge. The questions were a mix of basic and cryptic -nobody scored 100% correct.
From Callington a drive along the Freeway to Monarto exit and back to Murray Bridge via Old Princes Highway completed the Run. The final destination was “Sunnybank”, Liz and Claude’s home, on Swanport Road, where lunch and a viewing of some of their car collection was held – a 1924 Nash Hearse, a 1929 Studebaker, a 1934 Buick, a 1952 Mercedes Benz, a 1960 Ford Fairlane Hearse, a 1966 Mercedes Benz Coupe, a 1971 MGB and a 1971 Dino Ferrari.
A relaxing day with good weather and good fellowship.
Thank you all